There is something magical about knowing when a chore will end. Having a timeline helps our mind focus and get the task done.
This series of 15-ish minute monthly assignments is meant to help you concentrate and get a tiny area of your home or life decluttered and organized.
These are all tasks I’ve been meaning to do or that need to be done from time to time.
Get your cooking utensils Mostly Organized in 15-ish Minutes
After all the Holiday cooking, you did (or didn’t do), it’s the perfect time to have a second look at your cooking utensils; and if your drawers are like mine right now, crumbs have been multiplying … eww gross!
Get your supplies ready:
Here we go!
1. Set a timer for 15 minutes
2. Empty your utensils drawer (or drawers in my case)
3. Quickly vacuum the crumbs
4. Clean the inside of the drawer and lining
5. Clean and rinse your trays
6. Go through your supplies and decided what stays and what goes. Don’t overthink it, keep what you use, pass on what you don’t
7. Return your trays and utensils to the drawer, reorganize as you go, discard or add to your donation box* what you’re not keeping
If you have time left …
8. Repeat with another utensils drawer
There you go, all done! In little over 15 minutes I cleaned and rearranged 2 drawers and a counter utensils’ holder. How about you?
*What’s a donation box you ask?
That’s the magical place where your good items go before being delivered to the charity of your choice. Find a strategic spot in your house: garage, front entrance, bottom of a closet. Set a reminder on your phone to empty it regularly.
Want to Declutter, Simplify and get Organized?
Sign up to access exclusive tools and goodies in my Printable Library or check my new Shop.