Life can be overwhelming at times and things sure turn into chaos rapidly if we’re thrown off our routines.
Sometimes though, all you need is 15 minutes to get things back on track.
Use the magical power or concentrated focus to get a tiny area of your home or life decluttered and organized.
Declutter Your Winter Gear
It sure doesn’t look that way today in Edmonton, we just got a fresh spring snow dumb, but nicer weather is just around the corner.
This month I’m focusing on spring cleaning and although it’s not quite time to put our boots and mittens away, I can get a head start by decluttering our winter gear (or summer gear, if you happen to live on the south side of this planet).
I’m sure there are items you haven’t worn all winter long: jackets, scarves, etc. Don’t wait and discard those right away.
So, get your supplies ready:
- Timer / Phone
- Donation bag
Here we go!
Winter Gear to Declutter:
- Coats and jackets
- Scarves, hats/toque, mittens/gloves
- Bulky sweaters
- Throws and blankets
1. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
2. Pick the items you no longer wear from your entrance closet: coats, jackets, boots, mittens, toques, scarves, etc.
3. Move on to your personal closet and dressers. Ask your family to do the same.
Only select the winter items you won’t use anymore; we’re not cleaning your entire wardrobe today: bulky sweaters, winter under layers, etc.
4. Check what blankets and throws you actually use, get rid of the ones you don’t.
5. Put all the items you collected in a donation bag and bring by the door or directly in your car so you take it to your donation centre or choice this week.
There you go, all done!