It’s that time of year again. I know blah!
But taxes need to be done, no matter what. So, no point in delaying much.
I don’t expect you to DO your taxes in 15 minutes, just to gather all the papers and important information you will need to get your taxes done.
The Power of Focus
Life can be overwhelming at times and things sure turn into chaos rapidly if we’re thrown off our routines.
Sometimes though, all you need is 15 minutes to get things back on track.
Use the magical power of concentrated focus to get a tiny area of your home or life decluttered and organized.
Get ready to file your taxes
Get your supplies ready:
- Timer / Phone
- 1 File Folder per person in your household (18+)
Here we go!
1. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
2. Gather all the receipts and deductibles you’ve received so far.
3. Check your taxes from last year to see what’s missing.
4. If you think you need to buy more RRSPs, now is the time to do it. Schedule an appointment with your financial adviser or go online and adjust your contribution.
6. If, like us, you have someone else do your taxes, make sure your papers are all organized. The less time they spend figuring things out, the less it will cost you.
7. Business owners, and side hustlers also need to file taxes. Get the information you need.
8. You can shred past tax papers, but make sure you keep at least 6 years back. For more info on this subject, please see your government specifics or check this link if you’re Canadian.
9. Once all the documents are organized, plan a day to do your taxes or to drop off your papers.
There you go, all done!